12 nights/ 13 days itinerary in Peru
Amazon Adventure in Peru
for 2 adults
Venture into the depths of the Amazon rainforest, before travelling south to experience Peru’s wild landscapes and vibrant cultures in this 12-day journey. Combining Peru’s luxurious accommodations and experiences with a celebration of the country’s untamed beauty, this itinerary has adventure at its heart. Step foot on the floating islands of Lake Titicaca, fish for piranhas in the Amazon river, or wander among the jungle on suspended walkways. Stepping off the beaten track, you’ll also encounter some of Peru’ most vibrant, isolated communities.
- Swim, canoe, or kayak in Yanayacu-Pucate river, looking out for pink river dolphins
- Visit the Manatee Rescue Centre at Iquitos, seeing the animals as they are cared for before being returned to the wild
- Gaze into the constellations and nebulae of the night sky through high-powered telescopes on your Amazon cruise
- Meet an indigenous Amazon community, seeing their traditional dress and experiencing their way of life
- Hear the rainforest’s stories and myths from local guides as you fish for piranhas
- Explore the floating islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca, home to the ancient Uru people who built the islands with totora reeds
- Step onboard an explorer train on the route to Machu Picchu, sipping a drink at the elegant cocktail bar as you pass through ‘stone forests’ and snow-covered mountains of the Andes
- Learn the customs of the inhabitants of Taquile, whose handwoven textiles and elaborate dress is unique to the island
- Venture into Cusco’s intimate San Blas neighbourhood to hear the music of Sabino Huaman, a lute player who crafts all his instruments by hand
- Uncover the Incan splendours of the Sacred Valley including the circles at Moray and the Maras Salt Mines
Wyndham Costa del Sol, Lima airport
"Junior Suite| Including breakfast | One Night
The perfect place to recharge after the international flight, the Wyndham offers state-of-the art facilities and hospitality as you prepare to embark on your journey, connected to the airport by a walkway.
Aria Cruise, Amazon River
Second Deck Suite | Full board | Three Nights
The Aria Cruise allows you to glimpse the Amazon’s peoples and ecosystems from unparalleled luxury. With floor-to-ceiling windows in your suite, a river-facing outdoor Jacuzzi, and a soaring observation deck on the top level, you’ll feel constantly connected to your surroundings. Speedboats and expert guides are on hand for excursions, and a crew-to-guest ratio of 1:1 ensures each guest can embark on their own, personal journey.
Casa Cartagena, Cusco
Suite| Including breakfast | Three Nights total (two outbound, one return)
Set around a central courtyard with restored stone archways, the Casa Cartagena’s colonial architecture is combined with sleek, contemporary design and spacious, airy suites that give the hotel a unique identity. With just 16 rooms and careful, attentive staff, the property offers an intimate experience, perfect as a retreat from the lively town of Cusco.
Libertador Tambo Del Inka, Sacred Valley
"Deluxe Room | Including breakfast | One Night
The Tambo Del Inka is a haven of wide-open spaces and lofty ceilings, with each suite containing a private terrace overlooking the valley and surrounding mountains. For guests busy seeking out all the sights and experiences of Peru’s Sacred Valley, the hotel offers a restorative sense of order and tranquility, ideal for acclimatisation.
Inkattera Machu Picchu Pueblo, Machu Picchu
Superior Deluxe Casita | Full board | One Night
Nestled in the heart of the jungle, shrouded in clouds and plant life, the property offers a truly memorable extension to your Machu Picchu journey. The residence is a collection of whitewashed casitas, connected by stone pathways that meander past rainwater ponds and trickling waterfalls. Guests are invited to explore the grounds and lose themselves in the sounds and atmosphere of forest.
Titilaka, Puno – Lake Titicaca
Amanecer Suite | Full board | Two Nights
This exclusive exploration lodge, jutting out onto the lake, offers an intimate, ethereal experience. Situated on a private peninsula shared only with the indigenous Aymara community, it was created with adventurers in mind, containing a small jetty for boat excursions and also providing bicycles, kayaks and rowboats. The suites contain wrap-around terraces with exceptional views, and an integrated bathroom that allows you to gaze out onto the lake as you soak in the bathtub.
*Price shown does not include flights