From neon lights to mountain-top nights, this tour of Japan combines past and present in a journey through culture, food and stunning scenery.
In a country where ancient heritage meets the ultramodern, you will experience all aspects of Japan. Your trip will take you from the lively hub of fashion, art, food, and anime pop that is Tokyo, to shrines that pre-date the 6th century in Hiroshima and the peak of Mt Fuji in Kawaguchiko. Along the way you will sample the finest Japanese cuisine, watch Geisha dancers, visit opulent temples and sip sake. Whether staying in decadent luxury at the Mandarin Oriental or the traditional, mountain-hidden Benija Mukayu, each hotel will show you a different aspect of the fascinating Japanese culture.
Get in touch
- Walk amongst the Bonsai trees and explore Japan’s ancient heritage as you roam around Sensō-ji Temple, the oldest Buddhist temple in Tokyo
- Enjoy cocktails with a panoramic view of the vibrant city below at the New York Bar atop the Park Hyatt Hotel, made famous in the film ‘Lost in Translation'
- Shop until you drop as you are guided privately around the most affluent area of Tokyo, the Ginza district
- Stay at Yamashiro Onsen, a luxury ryokan hidden in the mountains and surrounded by plush vegetation
- Tour around a sake brewery and taste the freshly distilled produce
- Take part in a gold leaf decoration workshop and design your own Japanese trinkets
- Walk through the moss-covered gates of Hōnen-in Temple and wander down the Philosopher’s Path underneath the cherry blossom trees
- Experience a traditional Japanese tea ceremony at Kōrin-in Temple Temple, privately opened for your use
- Immerse yourselves in the Geisha culture as you dine on an authentic feast and watch traditional entertainment
- Marvel at Miyajima, the sacred place of Shiroism, which dates back to before the 6th century
- Embark on a food safari in Dontonbori and tantalise your taste buds with takoyaki, kushikatsu and ramen dishes
- Hike up Mt. Terijo and overlook Mt. Fuji in a breathtaking day of unparalleled natural beauty
- Visit the Hehiku Art Museum and study the art of silk-dyeing and kimono artistry