Lizard Island, Australia's northernmost island resort on the Great Barrier Reef, is truly secluded from the rest of the world and is located a one hour scenic flight over the reef from Cairns. With 24 pristine powdery-white private beaches, snorkelling straight off the beach where clam gardens, coral and marine life are abundant, and diving on the inner and outer reef to some of the world's most famous dive sites, Lizard Island is simply like nowhere else.
Recently refurbished, the Hecker Guthrie interiors are understated luxury and sit as one with the beauty of the tropical beach backdrop. The food philosophy embraces local, fresh produce with a daily surprise and delight component and Essentia Day spa is luxurious and indulgent. World class fishing, personal dinghies to discover your own private place and a wide choice of activities to enjoy such as research station tours, night diving and sunset wine and cheese cruises.
Reserved for the fortunate few who will experience an unforgettable holiday like no other, enjoy secluded picnics, sunset beach degustation on private beaches and five star cuisine in the beautiful Salt Water restaurant. Relax in style in premium accommodation and take in the wonders of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
Eat & Drink
The nightly room rate at Lizard Island includes gourmet meals, unlimited non-alcoholic beverages, selected fine Australian wines, beer, spirits and sparkling wine, in room mini bar and picnic hampers.
Salt Water Restaurant is the idyllic setting to take full advantage of the views along the seascape. With an emphasis on fresh and superb local produce, the daily changing menus draw on the flavours of modern Australian cuisine, combining a multicultural mix of Mediterranean and Asian flavours.
Guests may take a private dinghy to a deserted beach with a gourmet picnic hamper and for the ultimate Lizard Island dining experience in a private gazebo overlooking Anchor Bay.
Why we like it
This is pure luxury right in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef; it’s diving opportunities are second to none including iconic Cod Hole.
- All inclusive with premium dining and beverages
- Rated as one of the top ten resorts in the world
- Private and exclusive for just a privileged few
- The northernmost island resort on the Great Barrier Reef
- 24 secluded beaches
- Personal dinghies to discover your own private beach
- Wide choice of activities to enjoy
- World class fishing
- Dive and snorkel in the most pristine and breathtaking reefs
- Gastronomic experiences to delight in every meal
- Caters to ages 10 years and above
- Essentia Day Spa
- Daily scenic flights from Cairns to Lizard Island are approximately 1 hour in duration (private charters can also be arranged)